Supports human resources department by screening and
interviewing applicants; preparing payroll; orienting new employees;
administering employee benefit programs.
Human Resources Administrative
Assistant Job Duties:
- Provides job candidates by screening, interviewing, and
testing applicants; notifying existing staff of internal opportunities;
maintaining personnel records; obtaining temporary staff from agencies.
- Pays employees by calculating pay; distributing checks; maintaining
- Administers student loan, medical insurance, savings bond,
and disability programs by advising employees of eligibility; providing
application information; helping with form completion; verifying submission;
notifying employees of approvals.
- Monitors unemployment claims by reviewing claims;
substantiating documentation; requesting legal counsel review.
- Maintains human resources records by recording new hires,
transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking
vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Orients new employees by providing orientation information
packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll
information; explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs.
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms,
reports, logs, and records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes human resources department and
organization mission by completing related results as needed.