A civil engineer completes construction projects by
preparing engineering design and documents; confirming specifications.
Civil Engineer Job Duties:
- Designs construction projects by studying project concept,
architectural drawings, and models.
- Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying
reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition,
terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic
- Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and
- Prepares feasibility study by analyzing engineering design;
conducting environmental impact studies; assembling data.
- Prepares engineering documents by developing construction
specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety
standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction site;
verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational
policies and procedures.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements
by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation;
enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs;
entering data; completing backups.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results
– Open (Depending upon previous