business development activities by researching and developing marketing
opportunities and plans; implementing sales plans; managing staff.
Marketing and Sales Manager Job Duties:
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic
visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal
networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by
completing related results as needed.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives
by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching,
counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations;
planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and
reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by
contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic
plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing
production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving
problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system
improvements; implementing change.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by
forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures;
analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and
developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume
and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results;
establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs,
competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning,
developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade
promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer
requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths
and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market
- Improves product marketability and profitability by
researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving
product packaging; coordinating new product development.