Maintains database by entering new and updated customer and
Data Entry Clerk Job Duties:
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and
sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing
data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or
returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and
numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program
techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting,
deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account
information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Tests customer and account system changes and upgrades by
inputting new data; reviewing output.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures;
reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by
keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results