• Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
• Issues room key to guest.
• Responsible for proper key control and other security measures.
• Answers telephone in absence of telephone operator.
• Transmits and receives telephone messages and sets up guests’ wake-up calls.
• Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
• Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts. Operates the front office computer system. Makes photocopies if needed.
• Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
• Makes and confirms reservations.